This year the national campaign by Hospice UK focuses on ‘what it takes’ to provide hospice care in the UK. Tynedale Hospice at Home is proud to provide Hospice at Home care to our community in Tynedale, Ponteland and West Northumberland.
We offer three free services:
• Hospice nursing care in the patient’s home
• Hospital transport to medical appointments for those with life-limiting illnesses
• Pre and post bereavement support for adults, children and families
Last year our services cared for over 395 people in our community:
- Our Registered Nurses and Hospice Support Workers cared for over 100 patients enabling them to stay in their own homes with their families and familiar surroundings
- Our transport service clocked up 40,536 miles on 645 return journeys taking seriously ill people to hospital appointments, and reducing the need for hospital stays.
- Our Family Support team provided pre and post bereavement support for 132 adults and 77 children.
Providing these vital services costs in excess of £900k a year. THIS IS WHAT IT TAKES!
We are able to provide our services because we have an amazing team of dedicated volunteers and staff, a wonderful community who support us and incredible corporate partners.
With your continued support we will be there to support those in our community who have a life-limiting diagnosis or are facing or dealing with the death of a loved one: care when and where it counts.