COVID-19 – Helping us all to stay safe
Updated 29th June 2020
As a charity we are doing our utmost to continue to deliver care to people who need our services in our community. We are receiving new referrals for all 3 of our care services to support children, adults and families. We are adjusting to new working arrangements to make this possible.
Our number one priority is the safety of our patients, clients, volunteers, staff and their families.
We are in close collaboration with our NHS nursing colleagues in the community and are constantly revisiting the Government website for the latest advice. We are also following CQC advice regarding provision of personal care in the community.
We follow strict hygiene and infection, prevention and control protocols and have reinforced these in line with the latest information (March 2020) from the World Health Organisation (WHO).
To enable us to maintain the same level of care to our vulnerable patients and their families we have
secured PPE items to keep them and our health providers safe.
We are taking new care referrals via District Nurses, GPs or Macmillan Nurses.
A registered nurse will be available to take enquiries 11am-4pm, on weekdays.
For further information, please contact the Care Office 01434 604321.
We will continue to deliver pre and post bereavement support via telephone and other media in order to maintain this vital service. For further information, please call 01434 600 384.
We will continue to offer our transport service to ensure patients who have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness can attend vital hospital appointments. For further information or to notify us that you no longer need hospital transport, please call 01434 600 388.
Our main office at 1 Legion House remains closed to the public. The majority of our staff are working from home in line with the latest advice from Government.
Staff will be available via e-mail and phone messages will be checked daily.
The care office remains open for our nursing team.
We have taken on board advice from the Government and professional bodies to stay covid-19 secure in our charity shops. Our priority is the safety of our volunteers, staff and customers.
· Reduced opening hours: 9:30-3pm Monday – Saturday
· We have a limit on the number of customers in our shop at any time.
· Please continue to observe 2M social distancing rules in the shop and follow signage provided to keep everyone safe.
· Our changing room facilities will be closed, but we will extend our refund period.
· We will regularly clean all ‘touch points’ (till areas, door handles, banisters).
· At our Hexham Shop, we have a separate entrance and exit, please follow the signs when you arrive. The shop is marked out with a one-way system, we ask that people stick to this where possible at all times.
· Where possible, please pay by contactless card. We have removed the minimum spend.
· Unfortunately we are currently unable to accommodate home collections of household items and clothing.
If you have any questions, please speak with the relevant department:
Care Office 01434 604 321
Family Support 01434 600 384
Main Charity Office 01434 600 388
Fundraising and Retail 01434 606 444
Thank you for your continued support during this difficult time.
CEO, Tynedale Hospice at Home
Join our mailing list, keep up to date with all the news and events that are happening at Tynedale Hospice at Home. We take care to protect and respect any personal data you share with us.