Leave a gift in your Will
Leaving a gift to Tynedale Hospice at Home in your Will can ensure that future generations in your local area benefit from the Hospice services long after your lifetime, making a lasting difference to local people.
Your questions about legacies answered
There are three different ways you could leave us a special gift in your will…
- Leave us a percentage of your estate, after you have specified your wishes for your loved ones (This is known as a residuary legacy)
- Leave us a fixed sum of money (This is known as a pecuniary legacy)
- Leave us a specific gift or object, such as property, stocks and shares or personal items such as jewellery (This is known as a specific legacy)
If you would like to help us in this way, the best thing to do is contact a solicitor, who will talk you through the options and amend or write your will accordingly. Click here to download our information leaflet about how to leave a legacy to Tynedale Hospice at Home, and bring the leaflet along with you to your appointment.
All legacies, big or small, are used to help us to improve people’s quality of life by funding our holistic range of services, and we are extremely grateful for whatever amount you can give. Here are some facts to give you an idea of how your donation might be spent:
- It costs £460,000 to run our service for a year
- The cost of overnight care in a patient’s own home is £150 per person
- £125 pays the expenses of a volunteer driver going from Hexham to the Freeman Hospital 5 days
- £120 pays for the training of an Adult Bereavement Support volunteer
No. Gifts left to charity in wills are exempt from inheritance tax, so you can be sure that the Hospice will receive every penny of what you kindly leave to us.
If you would like to talk to somebody about how your gift may be spent or for more information please email email@example.com or call us on 01434 600388. We would love to hear from you.